Posted: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 12:55 PM
Name of Location: Childrens at Hamilton Creek
Work Schedule: Variable
Employment Type: Part:Time
JOB SUMMARY 13;
Responsible for providing comprehensive care at an advanced practice level to children and their families through assessment, communication, clinical management, collaboration, coordination, education, program development, research, self evaluation, professional development and system participation.
* Masters Degree in Nursing
CERTIFICATION SUMMARY 13;
* RN and APRN licensure in the state of Georgia
* Certification by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), American Academy of Nurse Practitioner Certification Program (AANP), Pediatric Nursing Certification Board (PNCB) or National Certification Corporation (NCC).
* Nurse Practitioners working in Emergency Medicine, Urgent Care, Anesthesia, Hematology/Oncology and Critical Care must have a current PALS certification.
* Nurse Practitioner working in other areas must have current BLS or PEARS Certification.
* Nurse Practitioners working in Neonatology may provide NRP certification in lieu of PALS.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS* 13;
* Two years experience in pediatric nursing preferred
* Experience in program development preferred
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS and ABILITIES* 13;
* Proficiency in pediatric physical assessment skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES* 13;
1. Provides comprehensive patient care management within a collaborative practice model, with functions and duties as outlined in the physician/APRN practice agreements.
2. Provides culturally sensitive patient care that is in accordance with state licensure and regulations, and is based upon the standards of practice as defined by APRN certifying agencies (PNCB, ANCC).
3. Assesses, diagnoses, plans, implements, and evaluates care of the pediatric patient working collaboratively with other health professionals using approaches that recognize each ones expertise to meet the needs of the patients.
4. Consistently works to eliminate communication barriers, participating as a key member of an interdisciplinary team
5. Serves as an educational resource for patients, families, health care professionals, students, and lay public regarding area of clinical subspecialty. Assists in development, creation and implementation of educational programs.
6. Participates in identification and development of programs within clinical specialty at service line, system, and/or regional levels as required by the service line.
7. Utilizes research to identify, examine, and evaluate creative approaches to health care with the goal of improved outcomes for the patient and family. Participates in continuous quality improvement based on professional practice standards and relevant statutes and regulations.
8. Expands clinical and professional knowledge base. Recognizes the importance of participation in professional organizations. Accepts personal responsibility for professional development and the maintenance of professional competence and credentials. Continuously conducts self:evaluation of advanced nursing practice skills in an effort to ensure competent clinical care and continued self:development.
9. Participates in and complies with hospital/departmental policies, regulations, and programs. Assists in the development, implementation, management, marketing, and evaluation of a program of specialty and/or overall program.
SYSTEM RESPONSIBILITIES* 13;
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance
• Location: Athens, dacula
• Post ID: 58214543 athensga