Eastside Medical Center – Snellville, GA
Registered Nurse (RN) – Behavioral Health-ECT
Eastside Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Behavioral Health-ECT PRN, as needed. This position requires an additional PRN RN to work in ECT operational only Monday, Wednesday, Friday weekly with the potential of approximatley 24 hrs/week at maximum.
Located at Eastside Medical Center-South Campus, our behavioral health department is a 24-hour 61 bed inpatient unit. The department is divided into four locked units for our patients.
Behavioral Health Services offers inpatient psychiatric stabilization and treatment for adults (age 18+). Our treatment specialties are adult psychiatry, dual diagnosis and senior adults. Inpatient Services, is organized as described herein so that we may provide a high quality of comprehensive nursing care to all patients on a 24 hour basis in a 61 bed acute psychiatric setting. Dual diagnosis treatment occurs within the context of milieu and group modalities of treatment. ECT services are provided for both inpatients and outpatients on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays each week.
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care as evidence by documentation, observation and competencies. Includes, but not limited to (2) patient identifiers (arm band & picture), hand off communication.
- Assessment completed within 4 hours of admission, each shift and as needed by patient condition.
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice within 24 hours of admissions.
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition and at least every 24 shift.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care: records actions and patient response in Meditech.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individual’s spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient’s physiological, behavioral and medical status are recognized, reported and documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within one hour of intervention.
- Orders are implemented as ordered.
- Physical and psychosocial needs are met for assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated based on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Is aware of hospital ethics policy and utilized as appropriate.
- Maintains responsibility for patients assigned to LPN or Nurse Technician staff, directs activities of the LPN or Nurse Technician staff within their scope of practice.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy; to include eMAR scanning where available and Medication Reconciliation.
- Follow policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
- Observe patients closely to prevent falls. In the event of a fall, immediately assess and reassess within 2 hours.
- Keeps supplies at par level, ordering when necessary.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08621-9727&lang=en
• Post ID: 58271078 athensga