Posted: Wednesday, April 26, 2017 1:46 AM
Eastside Medical Center – Snellville, GA
Registered Nurse (RN) – Progressive Care Unit
Eastside is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
The Progressive Care Unit is a 20 bed unit consisting of 14 private rooms and 3 semi-private rooms. Our PCU provides safe and cost-effective care to a large number of patients with ever-increasing acuity through primary care nursing.
Eastside Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) – Progressive Care Unit. FT/Days, rotating weekends.
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus for RNs with 1 year Med Surg experience.
- Performs duties in accordance with unit specific standards of care and evidence by documentation, observation and competencies.
- Assessment completed within time frame appropriate to population served, each shift and as needed by patient condition.
- Nursing Plan of Care is developed to meet individual patient needs according to nursing standards of care/practice for population served.
- Plan is updated with any change in patient condition.
- Formulates and takes nursing actions to implement plan of care: records actions and patient response.
- Patient/Family involvement is indicated on plan of care if appropriate.
- Patient teaching is planned and implemented.
- Delivers care with respect to the individuals spiritual and cultural needs.
- Changes in patient’s physiological and behavioral status are recognized, documented as they occur.
- Adverse response to care or treatment is recognized, documented and reported to the physician.
- Hand Off Communication occurs at shift change, between departments, upon transfer and discharge.
- Provides patient education and documentation of understanding regarding tests, procedures, equipment and medications.
- Manages pain through assessment (with appropriate pain scale) intervention, re-assessment within appropriate time period.
- Implements orders in timely manner.
- Meets physical and psychosocial needs for an assigned group of patients.
- Patient care is prioritized and delegated based on patient needs.
- Provides patient care with consideration of professional ethics. Utilizes hospital ethics’ policies appropriately.
- Maintains responsibility for patients assigned to LPNs or Nurse Technicians (directs their activities within their scope of practice.
- Delivers care in a safe and effective manner.
- Delivers medication according to policy; Scans and performs Medication Reconciliation.
- Follows policies and procedures regarding safety and precautions, uses all safety devices and processes.
- Ensures accuracy in scanning and documentation of meds
- Participates in process improvement activity standards.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy; HIPAA.
Click here for more info: https://hca.taleo.net/careersection/0hca/jobdetail.ftl?job=08621-9991&lang=en
• Location: Athens
• Post ID: 57789193 athensga